Aftermarket radio on 07 quest

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest Aftermarket radio on 07 quest

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  shampooguy 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

dveiga
    Participant

I’ve been wanting to replace the factory radio in our 07 quest for some time. The aux input is already shot and a few other issues with he radio. I’ve taken it to a few radio/alarm shops and they’ve all stated an aftermarket radio cannot be installed. I found this difficult to believe in this day and age.

Does anyone know if one can be installed and if its possible to do it yourself? If so where would I get the harness and wires and what type of radio would fit.

Thanks

dtownfb
    Participant

These shops are likely correct. To double check, look at a website like crutchfield.com. They have every known radio along with installation recommendations. I contacted them about 2 years ago regarding my 2004 Quest radio that would lose power intermittently (common issue) and there were no aftermarket radios. I found a dealer who sold re-furbished Nissan radio on E-Bay (there were several dealers). That has worked for the past 15 months.

I would try E-Bay for a re-furbished unit. A factory unit will cost you about $1000.

shampooguy

I put in an aftermarket Dual stereo…had to remove center console to install it. I put it where the CD player is (2005), but I had to widen the hole a bit with a dremel. It isn’t exactly professional, but it sounds a heck of alot better than the stock radio.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.