Air Conditioning flooding the floor

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest Air Conditioning flooding the floor

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  heetsink 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

heetsink
    Participant

this is about my ’08 that I just took for a 2500 mile road trip.

we discovered the AC is causing massive amounts of condensation to collect on the floor by the center console.

the AC seems to be on max chill all the time or off, so it can get too cold through out the van. we see cold mist being blown out the vents very often.

in warm weather the windshield defogger actually fogs the window under most settings. you must set the internal temp below the external temperature.

it’ll go into the dealer and I’ll update but I wonder if any one else has seen this.

heetsink
    Participant

The Nissan dealer identified and hopefully corrected the problem: leaves or some such had gathered in the ventilation ducts, evidently behind the glove compartment, somewhere near where the cabin filters reside and clogged up a drain hole.

the glove compartment and the plastic beneath the passenger dash had to be dismantled from inside the cabin to clear out a drainage hole blocked by leaves that had somehow gotten into that space.

I have seen leaves on the cabin filter of my old Pontiac but that would be after years. My van is an 08 with just 13000 miles on it.This strikes me as very weird. the service desk said they had seen it before rarely.

I am disappointed but I hope other Quest owners can learn from this. I live in a woodsy area. I am going to have to keep an eye on this.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.