Air conditioning smells funky

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest Air conditioning smells funky

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Henry 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

blindmutt
    Participant

when we run the A/C it stinks, I’m going to replace (if there is one) the cabin filter first and make sure the Evaporator is draining.

Any other suggestions
    2006 Quest

twinblown

When I purchased my Quest it had that piss smell every time I started the AC and would slowly go away when it cooled but always had that faint piss smell. Decide to take a look at the cabin filter….that thing was filthy when I pulled it out!!!, apparently the original owner never replaced it, the van had 31,000 miles. I ordered the wix brand replaced it myself and about a week later the smell dissappeared. Change it!

06nordicquest
    Participant

For the people who dont know, you are supposed to change your filters every year. Yes there are 2. Changing them is pretty easy, but not very much room to work. They are located on the passenger side, on the left by your feet. You remove the kick panel above your feet and the glove box. The glove box had a few screws and you unplug the light, then there are 2 small screws that hold the filter cover on. The filters have small ears that you help to yank them out. I made a piece of card board about the size of the filter, but a little longer to help guide the new filters in. They get hung up slightly while trying to insert them. New filters cost $10 each. Dealers charge around $120 to do this.

Marstainage
    Participant

Cool, didn’t know this, thanks for the info…

Henry

The process of air conditioning installation involves the selection of right equipment and hiring an expert contractor so that your system starts performing as per your expectations.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.