Am i getting ripped off ?

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest Am i getting ripped off ?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  calcatusa 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

txcowboy

Hi. All.

I have 2005 Nissan quest

Today i went to nissan service center to change oil.

When they checked my car they found some problems.

Front suspension and timing chain need to be replaced.

Estimate is about $2000.

Is that a reasonable price ??

Thanks.

crosby1
    Participant

how many miles on the car? sounds a bit on the high side. i would get some other estimates first.

txcowboy

It’s about 77,000 miles.

Thanks.

NYQuest
    Participant

I thought timing Chain alone was $1,500 to $1,800

cirrus
    Participant

Guess I should ask the obvious. Were you having suspension or handling problem? And are you having a rattling sound or noise from the engine? Besides the oil change, what did you ask them to check?

I think you know where I am going with this…..if it ain’t broken, then leave it alone.

calcatusa
    Participant

1st.)Have water pump replaced, when replacing timing chain..
    2nd.) Covered under the “NISSAN CERTIFIED LIMITED WARRANTY TERM: 84 MO/100,000 MI” warranty.

danmoncion
    Participant

I needed my timing chain replaced along with some guides and what ever else to do the job and its cost me 2200 CAD.

I had slack in the chain for some reason and was ticking bad. Nissan blamed it on lack of oil changes… I’ll be honest I was not the most on time guy to get them done but they got done… anyways the job is done and the bill is paid.

I hate the dealer in my town but for this type of job I did not trust anyone but them.

If the chain were to break and cause more damage you could be looking at double

calcatusa
    Participant

Save yourself money, time and a repair shop trying to put a fast one on you. Razzari Nissan of Merced, Ca wanted to pull a fast one on me. But guess what, softwear makes a report with a timing stamp online. Damages made by Razzari Nissan tech. What do you think the judge is going to do? When He/She see time stamp report? The Schedule Maintenance preformed had been improperly preformed. Resulted in damage to other parts of vehicle.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.