Are your A/C and fan knobs lights lit when headlights are on?

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest Are your A/C and fan knobs lights lit when headlights are on?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  CanadaQ2005 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

CanadaQ2005
    Participant

I thought they were supposed to be lit, but now they are not.
    Is my memory playing tricks with me, or they indeed are supposed to be lit?

And if they are, does anybody know if that’s just a fuse I am supposed to replace, or it is a bigger problem? Just the 3 knobs are not lit.

Yes it is suppose to be lit. Probably one of the bulbs are burned out. I have the same problem next to the gear shift where it shows R, P, N, D, L. None of them light up anymore. I just learn to live with it.

CanadaQ2005
    Participant

It is very annoying to have to turn on lights only to adjust fan mode. I’ll try to fight it with FSM in hand.

Update: Last night after driving for quarter hour the lights came back on at some point. Convinces me that Nissan is still the same unreliable manufacturer they were 15 years ago.

Carzzz
    Participant

i notice this issue occurs once in a while (1-2% of the time it doesn’t light up)… maybe programming error or something

CanadaQ2005
    Participant

Mine went off again. I think it may be related to the fact that my van sits in the driveway for 5 days a week and is only driven less than 50 miles a week. While it was a daily commuter the lights were on. But only time will tell!

Low-PSI
    Participant

The lights on the heat and a/c control knobs are controlled by the rheostat that dims the dash lights. Try adjusting the rolling switch at the lower left of the dash to the brightest setting and the should come on. Work the switch a few times and normal operation will return.

CanadaQ2005
    Participant

When I am turning right the ceiling lights come on sometimes, the higher speed the more probability it will happen. What a joke Quest is!

CanadaQ2005
    Participant

It is at the brightest and has always been!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.