Automatic door locks

New Topics Forums General Discussion 1999 – 2002 Nissan Quest Automatic door locks

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  prgonzalez 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Bornloser
    Participant

I own a 2001 Mercury Villager. Purchased used a few months ago. Has just about all options. Is there a way to program the vehicle to lock the doors automatically when put into gear or after a certain speed? Thanks!!

dtownfb
    Participant

I have an electonic copy of the 2001 Nissan Quest minivan owner’s manual (very similar to the Mercury Villager). I didn’t see any reference to it but must admit I didn’t read it all either. I can send the manual to you so you can read it?

Bornloser
    Participant

Thanks. But I already have a manual for the vehicle. Nothing is stated in there about the automatic locking. I thought most newer vehicles had this feature. My Jeep and also my previous Caravan locked automatically. I could swear that the Villager did also. Guess I was wrong. Thanks again.

prgonzalez
    Participant

The vans of this generation don’t have automatic door lock with vehicle speed sensing. However, all doors lock when either driver or passanger doors are manually locked.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.