battery drain

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  andrewkent50 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

avengine
    Participant

I have the nissan quest 2005, 6 month ago the battery died and I just change the battery to a new acdelco 24F60 and use it for 5-6 months now, but every time when I left it not to move for 2-3 days the battery cannot start the car, now I buy the battery charger and try to find the root cause, I charge the battery back to 12.6v and check the alternator it is 14.6v, start the car ok and what I am doing now is to measure the current drain when nothing is turn on, it is 460mA, if I take out all the fuses, I still have 40mA, some people say if it is 50mA or less is normal, but 460mA sound high to me, the one that I am question is the audio and something call battery saver. What should I do? any suggestion.
    thanks.

twinblown

460mA is way to much for stand by drain, that’s almost one half Amp! the stand by drain should not exceed 40-50mA. Did you ever had the alternator repaired or replaced? try and unplug the regulator connector on the alternator and see if the drain goes away, other than that trace any interior lights that may be satying on or any added accesories if it has any. Good luck!!

avengine
    Participant

I did not repair or replace the alternator before, how do I unplug the regulator connector? any photos, I really want to do this test. on the fuse I did a detail track one by one, up to the point all the fuses are out I still get 40mA on my meter that is set to 10A scale. on a lcd multimeter. the audio and the battery saver fuses draw 50mA each.
    thanks.

CanadaQ2005
    Participant

Just wanted to mention that my van sits sometimes for weeks and no noticeable drain. 1/2 amp is hell of a lot.

andrewkent50
    Participant

I did a detail track one by one, up to the point all the fuses are out I still get 40mA on my meter that is set to 10A scale. on a lcd multimeter.Thanks for share the great post.Sterling Silver Necklaces
    Sterling Silver Rings
    CZ Rings

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.