BCM issues… Common fix isnt working.

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest BCM issues… Common fix isnt working.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  cga0642 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

rashad

Hello all, I have a 2004 Quest, with the common interior lights/dome lights not working problem. I checked all fuses and after much research concluded that it must be the bcm. I received a replacement from ebay and after plugging it in, noticed I could move the plug slightly and the lights would intermittently work.. so I assumed there was a short in the plug somewhere. I proceeded to the dealer to have the bcm flashed, thinking I would just fix the plug afterwards.

Dealer says they cannot flash the new bcm.. it would not work. Called the salvage yard, and have another bcm on the way… Discouraged, I went out to see if it truly was a fried bcm. Turns out my existing one will do the same thing. It works when I move the plug out ever so slightly!

I took both bcm’s apart and the second one looks fine, while my factory one does have a burn mark on the circuit board where that pin goes for the lights. Yet it still works… hmm..

So I have been trying to figure out how to fix this plug.. any thoughts? Suggestions? It appears that the bcm will work fine… if I can fix the connection in that plug. (its the black plug going into the bcm)But it is hard to get to that plug, as its barely above the dashboard when I pull on it. Also the gear indicator lights (next to the shifter) dont work either, even when the plug is moved and the dome lights come on. HELP! 🙂

CanadaQ2005
    Participant

I have fixed car electronics previously.
    My Maxima had an issue with DRL module where DRLs would go on and off. This was caused by cold solder joint in one of the switches on the PCB of DRL unit. I re-soldered with quality flux and it worked for years until I gotten rid of the car.

If you could post pictures of the good and bad modules someone like me could offer ideas on fixing the unit.

rashad

I have it narrowed to the actual black plug that goes into the units.. we have three bcms that all do the same thing..

cga0642
    Participant

Where is the BCM located? My interior lights do not work, Ive checked the fuse.

cga0642
    Participant

Can i just run a fused hot wire to the interior light switch and unplug the factory power supply? Thereby providing a (off with switch) power supply to the interior lights and by passing the BCM completely?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.