Blower motor switch at dash

New Topics Forums General Discussion 1999 – 2002 Nissan Quest Blower motor switch at dash

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  coupe1942 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

coupe1942
    Participant

I have the dash panel pulled away to get at the blower motor switch and replace it. However, I ran into a problem in trying to get those little tabs held open so I can pull the switch out of it’s socket. How does one do that trick? If I hold out one tab, it seems the others won’t budge so I can’t remove the actual switch. Those little tabs hold the switch securely to the socket, but securely is something I need to defeat in replacement of this switch. I don’t want to break anything, but this is really frustrating to not be able to remove the switch easily. I am running around town with that console plate all hanging loose at present. Help! Thanks.

coupe1942
    Participant

Well, with the help of another, I got the switch out and have one ordered for replacement. If it works okay, then I’ll be happy if I can get it back into the dash and not have any screws left over. 🙂 I can’t believe this is a one many job to pull this switch from those four hooked claws holding it into place. I guess there may even be some special tool for removal of this part.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.