Brake booster?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  michitoffele84 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

JoeNoble
    Participant

Just put new pads, rotors and calipers on and now I have no pedal pressure. Also when I pump the pedal my idle become erratic.

prgonzalez
    Participant

Hi Joe,

You did not mention if you also flushed the break fluid and/or bleed the system to remove the air in the new calipers and lines. If you haven’t, bleed and flush the whole system with new fresh break fluid.

JoeNoble
    Participant

To be honest I think the guy that was helping me was turning the bleeders the wrong way cuz he stripped the hell out of them and couldn’t get them open so we just bleed them at the line. I’ve done this with success on other vehicles so I figured it may work. But if that we’re the issue it wouldn’t explain why the brakes are affecting the idle would it?

prgonzalez
    Participant

Joe,

When you pump the break pedal you are indeed affecting the vacuum in the system. Remember the booster gets its vacuum from the intake manifold. If in my van I pump the break pedal repeatedly, it affects the idle of the engine to a certain degree.

Bleeding each line at the caliper is you best shot to restoring breaks effectiveness.

Pedro

michitoffele84
    Participant

Bleeding each line at the caliper is you best shot to restoring breaks effectiveness.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.