Cabin air filter replacement

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2011 Nissan Quest Cabin air filter replacement

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  oldman42 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Det1t
    Participant

Has anyone done this yet themselves? If so can I get directions? The dealer wants 65 dollars to replace it.

dtownfb
    Participant

Det1t
    Participant

Sorry I left out that it was a 2011.

mikedadrumma
    Participant

I need to do the same thing for mine. I’m going to try this to see if it works for 2011.

wolfy
    Participant

if ya can and have the time, do a write up on it and take pics. I would like to see how this is done for the new quests.

Thanks
    Wolfy

Det1t
    Participant

Anyone have time to do this yet?

raq-sv
    Participant

So I took a stab at this today. I learned it the hard way by taking the whole glove box out. It turned out that there’s a little flap at the bottom (circle in red) with a tab in it. Just push the tab and the filter sits right inside. You have to lie on the passenger floor to access this though.

Here’s the flap:

Photobucket

Close up:

Photobucket

Filter!
    IMG_1292_zps84819670

The only place I found the filter is from Advance Auto Parts

Rock Auto could be an alternative. Be careful though, the parts for this filter are little confusing on their site.

Here’s the comparsion between the new and old filter after 12k miles. Pretty dirty.

Photobucket

$12 at Advance Auto, can’t beat it.

Photobucket

Fitment is perfect.

wolfy
    Participant

Awesome! Thanks for the pics and the part numbers. Great job!

alejandro
    Participant

They wanted to charge my wife $75 to replace the cabin air filter ,,,,lol. went to advance auto ,filter cost $18.00 !!!!

wolfy
    Participant

yeah see above!

al38
    Participant

I looked up the Nissan service manual, and it only mentions that one has to open the filter door to change the in-cabin microfilter. So, that’s what I did today. I managed to change the filter without disassebling anything else. The only problem is that the opening is smaller than the filter, and one has to squeeze the filter to push it in. I am not sure if I might have damaged the filter forcing it in this way.

The filter I used is FRAM CF11173. It seems to be identical to the original Nissan part. Both have charcoal in-between. FRAM claims to have ARM and HAMMER baking soda to absorb the smell.

It cost me about 22 dollars including shipping, bought through eBay from B & C Auto Parts Warehouse.

I meant to post some pictures here but I do not know how. I tried just copy and paste but it did not work for me. Thanks for any help.

oldman42
    Participant

I also picked up the FRAM CF11173. I must say, at first glance, I thought I bought the wrong filter. When I pulled the cover off, I thought no way the things was going to fit. I had to wrestle the old filter out (luckily it wasn’t too dirty) and it was completely deformed when I got it out. I then had to accordion and bend the new filter to get it into the slot. The slot is probably 70% the size of the filter. Probably the strangest design decision of this van. Anyway, I think I got it in there, air smells nice and fresh.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.