Pretty much what the subject says.
Thanks in advance!
NOTE: you should have a watch on hand when doing this, and also don’t focus so much on the flashing of the light
1. Turn key to ON Position (second last position)
2. Wait 3 seconds
3. Pump gas pedal 5 times (then release pedal)
4. Wait 10 seconds
5. Hold gas pedal down for 12 seconds (Service Engine Soon light blinks slowly)
6. Release pedal and wait 10 seconds
7. Hold gas pedal down for 10 seconds and don’t release pedal (Service Engine Soon light blinks faster)
8. Turn ignition to OFF
9. Release gas pedal
10. Wait 10 seconds
11. Start the car and the SES light will be off
Timing has to be perfect huh?
Yes, timing is everything and I did have to use this procedure on my 04 Quest couple months back
I had to try it 2 or 3 times and finally got it.
Wow! You were right! I was able to do it after 5 tries or so. Thank you so much!!!
being trying to reset engine light on nissan quest 2001 with the procedure mentioned on the forum using a stop watch and working with gas pedal, but have not being able to get light to reset. Also tried to reset by disconnecting + battery terminal for at least 30 minutes, but no go.
Don’t know what else to do!
Anyone out there have similar problem or solution!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.