Can't Fold 2nd Row Seats Flat

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest Can't Fold 2nd Row Seats Flat

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  markathome 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

elundeen

According to the user manual, I should be able to fold the 2nd row seats on my ’04 flat down onto the floor of the van “for maximum cargo hauling”, but I can’t seem to figure out how.

The third step says to “push down on the small knob on the back of the seat to release the base of the seat.” I’ve attempted this a few times, but I can’t seem to find a knob that would allow the seat to shift forward into it’s stowed position in the floor. Am I missing something? Is this a feature that isn’t available on all models? (I have an ’04 SE with every other option, I have a hard time believing this wouldn’t be available on mine) Any ideas/suggestions/help wold be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!

NYQuest
    Participant

There should be a button,Knob behind the seat on door side. It might be hidden by the carpet coming downt he backside of the seat. Press it and the seat goes down. First make sure you take out the head rest and recline the seat back all the was forward.

markathome
    Participant

You have to make sure that:
    The headrest is removed
    The seat bottom is all the way back
    Then fold the seat back flat onto the seat

Then the lever is on the outside back of the back of the seat under the carpet ‘flap’. Push it down and it will release the seat to fold down into the floor.

If you can’t figure it out, or find the right levers, stop by a dealer and ask them to show you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.