CD player install for 2005 Quest S

New Topics Forums General Discussion Accessories and Electronics CD player install for 2005 Quest S

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  ctlobo3 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi there,
    I just bought a 2005 Quest S. The CD player (single disk) had a CD stuck in. I managed to take it out, but I cannot not play CDs anymore. I bought a 6 disk CD player off eBay, but one of the plugs (8 pins) does not fit in – the 6 disk has a 16 pins plug. Any way I could work around this?
    Thank you!

Hello there,
    I’m sorry I can’t help you but it seems like that you can help me. I have a 2004 Quest and do not know how to get to the player itself. A CD is stuck inside it and I can’t get to the player itself. I’m having difficult opening the panels. I’ve tried but did not get far. Can you help, Please.

Sorry for the late reply (I didn’t check this forum lately).
    Just follow the instructions from the following link:
    They are very good.

Hi olteanul,

how did you solve this issue?
    I’m having the same problem.
    thank you !

I had the same prob with my 2004. P.O.S. I found that there is a small plastic gear in the cd player that has stripped. To get the cd player out, I had to disassemble the entire bottom half of the dashboard. It realy was not that bad and did not require any special tools.
    Once I was able to get the cd player out, I used an awl to turn the stripped gear and drive out the cd. Takes time.
    Good luck

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.