Check Engine Light, runs rough, no code!

New Topics Forums General Discussion 1999 – 2002 Nissan Quest Check Engine Light, runs rough, no code!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  10000cars 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

email4kh

2000 3.3L
    The CEL comes on as soon as I start the engine. The idle is rough, but I don’t see any change in RPM. With acceleration or under any load (even at constant speed on cruise control), the CEL starts flashing. Three different meters at two different places failed to get a code. With all three meters, the meter reads “WORKING,” but no code is produced, even after several minutes, engine running or not (but, since it’s idling, the CEL isn’t flashing).

Would it help to run the car with the meter to get a code? I’ve cleaned the mass flow sensor.
    Any ideas?

thera

Knock Sensor will NOT throw a code, try this, figure out where it is, Disconnect it and see if it makes a difference, or throws a code, if it does throw a knock sensor code u will know it is working, if after removing the harness it still doesnot throw a code its KS.

email4kh

Thanks! I’ll certainly check it out. I was under the impression that the knock sensor was more of a “symptom indicator,” only there to send a code signal in the event of a knock or misfire. But, I didn’t think a bad knock sensor, itself, could cause these symptoms.

email4kh

Found a different brand of OBD reader and it indicated the knock sensor and a cylinder misfire. Replaced the plug wires and it’s running fine.

email4kh

email4kh

I learned that many readers won’t get a code if there’s any accessory plugged into the cigarette lighter.

10000cars
    Participant

PLEASE , on the code “P0325-Knock sensor 1 circuit malf( bank 1 or single sensor)”

does somebody knows how to change the K-sen. Thanks so much. Ps it’s a 2000 3.0Litre

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.