Cleaning Radio Buttons / Rear Side Window Defogger is Dettached

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest Cleaning Radio Buttons / Rear Side Window Defogger is Dettached

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  donnynlc 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

FoamieOmie

So some of the buttons on the radio and climate control don’t do anything when pushed. Does anyone know if cleaning them out with some electric contact cleaner would work? I’m assuming they’re just dirty or something, or at least I hope. The cd player won’t load discs which means I will need to pull it and take a look. Is getting the console opened up pretty simple?

As for the rear side defogger the boot is loose and the little metal tab is broken. Does reconnecting this require the silver solvent or can something less expensive do the trick?

Thanks! Love the forum! Just wish I could get email notifications when a post is made but I’ll live.

donnynlc
    Participant

I wouldn’t use electric cleaner ….it melts plastic getting the console off is fairly easy just remove the shift knob and carefully pry up, its held on with tabs but they do break easily so be careful let me know how you make out cleaning them as a few of mine are the same way… Im thinking the buttons just suck though and need to be replaced

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.