climate control settings

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest climate control settings

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stu 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Stu
    Participant

a question, not a problem. When you elect “Auto” for the a/c when you enter a hot vehicle, it goes into “recirculate inside air” mode. After it senses the cabin is cool enough, it slows the fan down and sets to “outside air”. This is fine, and not a problem. My question is, which is more efficient in normal operation? Should I leave it on “recirculate inside air” all the time.

Thanks,Stu

Canada-Q2005
    Participant

If you do not need fresh air, recirculation would be more efficient in a hot environment. Personally, I start feeling tired soon when using recirculation and opt for fresh air coming in. Quest’s AC is pretty powerful and can handle outside air even in 40C weather, so it’s up to your preference.

Stu
    Participant

Thanks, Canada. I am in Florida, and the temp doesn’t quite reach 40c, but it does get quite warm sometimes. I’ve always used the fresh air, but I guess I need to rethink .
    Stu

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.