Considering 2011 Quest

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2011 Nissan Quest Considering 2011 Quest

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  solymosi 5 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Sibelus

I am investigating minivan options to replace our loyal but tired 2000 grand caravan.

Toyota and Honda are not on our list but looking at the new Chrysler and Quest. I can tell you the packaging of the Quest is the best on the market in my opinion. The interior is remarkably comfortable and its strongest feature.

In my mind the Quest is the choice but would represent my first Nissan product. Like I said above the execution of the Quest seems excellent but I know this can be deceptive. I clearly get the gas tank issue and am looking to hear from those who own this model how it has played out for you so far? Is there substance beneath the comfort and can I trust the cars mechanical integtiry?

The Chrysler is not as nice but I know the core bones of the car are solid. Just want to make sure the Nissan is not just a pretty face.

Thanks in advance.

mikedadrumma
    Participant

I have nothing but good things to say about the Quest. My 2011 is my 2nd Quest and I plan on keeping it for quite some time. I get a ton of compliments on it since it looks so different from any other mini-van that is out there. Chrysler has come along way with their van, but for my money, Nissan is the way to go. Top notch quality.

wolfy
    Participant

They are fantastic. On my 2012 We have yet to have the gas tank issue. Even ran it down to almost empty, and no issue. These are very solid vehicles. The 3.5 and the CVT is very proven. One of the best engines made.

This is the biggie, its 100% made in Japan. Huge deal. I have a 96 toyota t100 100% made in Japan as well. Still have the truck and never had an issue with it, and I mean nothing. My bother works for Nissan and he is very big on the fact that it is 100% Japan made.

We love ours. We had a Maxima for 2 years and no problems with that either. They are making a great product!

solymosi

We bought our 2011 Quest SL in December and have been very happy with it.

We didn’t consider the Chrysler as we felt the styling and interior of the Quest was much more hip and functional. We use the van to transport our family and thus removal of the seats was not an issue. There is plenty of space with the seats all folded forward. The most impressive factor with the Quest was the sense of solidness – from the thud when you close the door to the quietness of the ride. It is hands-down the nicest van that we looked at and we couldn’t be happier.

Only one small issue is that the remote on the DVD player is a bit cheap and not well thought out. But that’s really picking at nits.

Good luck with your search.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.