Coolant / Antifreeze Smell

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest Coolant / Antifreeze Smell

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  b_vova 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

pilot
    Participant

Hi,

Wondering if anyone has run by this before…

2004 Nissan Quest 144K. After running engine 5-10 min (just after warm up) there’s a smell of antifreeze coming the car. When I open the hood, the smell is strong, but I can’t see any leaks?

Has anyone ran into this before? Could this be the water pump leaking inside the timing chain area since the water pump resides within the timing chain area?

thoughts?

thank you!

Paul

Kyle700
    Participant

I had the same smell before…the “heat pump” is a small in-line connector the white “plug” in the center of the piece It is located to the left of the wiper motor and it attaches to the shelf the wiper assy bolts to. I just put in a coupler to joint the hoses back together, the part from Nissan is around 92.00.

Now I have another coolant smell that I have yet to find….hopefully it’s not a head gasket…………

Oldman
    Participant

On mine it was the hose rotting, the one from the radiator to the engine by the battery. The engine end was leaking. Hard to believe it rotted in 8 years. Never happened to my other nissans before.

Kyle700
    Participant

A correction to my reply to you on Jan. 2, the heather pump is separate from the leaking valve I first described. The heater pump is in the same area just a little further back towards the firewall but still attached above the engine to the tray/shelf. It is a black cylinder about 4 inches long and 1 1/2 in diameter. It has a electrical connector on the left side (end) and a 3/4 inch coolant hose on the right. Mine is leaking is two different places on the “Pump” They are anywhere from $78-95 online. The part # is 92264-ZM70A. It will be a simple fix you can do yourself. Mine leaks onto the top of the intake manifold (I have had my engine cover off for quite a while)

stacyb
    Participant

CHECK AROUND THE RADIATOR WHERE THE IT CRIMPS TOGETHER PLASTIC PART TO THE CORE LOOK CLOSE SMALL LEAK VERY SMALL

b_vova
    Participant

92264-ZM70A its a bosch pump. Can someone provide a number of this pump.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.