Creaking noise and filter question

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest Creaking noise and filter question

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  cwmont 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Qtip
    Participant

Question #1: My 07 makes chassis flex noises when i am exiting our parking structure at work. Anyone hear this? Its at really low speed like getting rolling from a stop and the incline to get out is really steep.

Question #2: I am starting to smell outside smells even with the setting on recirculate. I am sure this wasn’t a problem until now. Is there some kind of filter that needs changing? Maybe the vent is not fully closing when I switch the recirculate? Furthermore, why does the recirculate setting reset every time I turn the A/C on/off?

Last thing: please read/answer my wheel question here: http://questdriver.com/node/452

Thats it!

GalaxyQuest

Ans #1: I note noises when loading diagonally opposed wheels.

Ans #2: Not sure about your recirculate problem. On my ’06, if the HVAC switch is left on Max A/C (which I never select), I believe the system would revert to recirculate when the ignition is switched on.

06 Quest Base

Qtip
    Participant

#1 well its a big honking thing so its not that surprising
    #2 yeah, more concerned about smells getting in with the baby in the car and all

thanks for responding!

GalaxyQuest

#1 A big honking thing with multiple large holes for doors! Wonder if any of the other minivans are any stiffer.

(appropriately, #2) Funny, my baby makes his own smells! 😉

06 Quest Base

cwmont
    Participant

Hi

Might not be related, but I had a similar noise coming from the van when going up curbs or rounding over the top of an incline. It turned out to be the stops on the pass side slider door. It was flexing somewhat against the body and making a rubbing sound. It was especially bad on rainy or humid days.

A trip to dealer where they verified the noise and then adjusted and lubed door stops did the trick. No more noise.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.