Creaking noises when going up and out of driveways

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest Creaking noises when going up and out of driveways

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  iLlMaTiC21390 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Has anybody noticed that the chassis creaks really bad when going up driveways? You can hear it flexing really bad

dtownfb
    Participant

It does have a very long wheelbase but I haven’t noticed any excessive noises except when my control arms needs replacing.

i don’t know, it just creaks terribly when going up incline’s at an angle. By the way how many control arms have you gone through? I’m on my second pair in the 6 years of ownership. Mileage is 95,000 miles.

tholmes69

Have you checked the bushings and or suspension points? Worn bushings can cause the creaking. Dry seat bed for the springs, worn out shocks/dampers too.

tholmes69

Have you checked the bushings and or suspension points? Worn bushings can cause the creaking. Dry seat bed for the springs, worn out shocks/dampers too.

dtownfb
    Participant

I replaced the control arms around 77,000 miles. First time I ever had to replace the entire control arm on a vehicle…….. I’m at 78,500 miles now.

rwarwick

What did it cost you to replace the control arms?

Did you find any indication from Nissan that these were defective?

I have a 2004 Quest with 130K miles and have the same issue.

Thanks

To change both control arms cost me $1000 at Nissan.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.