Dash Lights Out

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  apache31 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

mickth
    Participant

So I just bought a 97 Nissan Quest. Has 230K miles on it, so yes, it needs a few repairs. I don’t expect to win any contests with it. Overall it drives really good. One issue I’d like to take care of, are the lights in the instrument panel/cluster. They are all out. I have the cluster out, and was surprised at how many light bulbs there are (I didn’t count them, but maybe 6 or 7 larger ones, and maybe 8 or 9 smaller ones?). Seeing so many light bulbs, makes me think they can’t all have burned out. Now I’m thinking fuse. I found a fuse in the fuse panel below the parking brake, and the second one down on the left side is a 7.5 fuse that is labled “I/P Illumination”. I’m guessing Instrument Panel Illumination? The thing is, the fuse looks fine. I put a different one in, just to make sure, and still nothing. So, could it really be that 10+ bulbs are all burned out? Or, is there some other fuse/relay I should be looking for?

Mick

apache31
    Participant

Actually, all the bulbs ARE blown. I also have a 97 quest and I had the exact same problem. If you pull out some of the bulbs, they will look black. That tells you the bulb is blown.
    I can’t remember for sure how many bulbs I changed in the dash, like 8-10. The bulbs come 2 to a pack , and they’re all the same size. My heater/ac controls don’t light up. I will change those bulbs when I get the chance.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.