depax 2007 quest

New Topics Forums General Discussion Wheel and Tire depax 2007 quest

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Crimson 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

trevor

I have the same problem as everyone else with the pax system. I want out of it. (I am a novice at this and need specifics please).

-what size wheels do I need to go to? (they are 19″ now)
    -I have heard 17″ but will that mean I also need my speedometer to be recalibrated?
    -Can I get rims from an infinity vehicle and put them on my van? (someone is telling me to do that). The source is a salvage yard nearby.
    -Are wheel center caps interchangeable on these vehicles? Do you think I could remove my old rim center caps and put them on the new wheel?
    -would I need new lug nuts?
    -do I need a new specific type of sensor for the new wheels and who/how much is it to to recalibrate those?
    -do I need to be concerned about my new wheel fitting over the calipers and brakes?
    -will this void my warranty?

please help
    thanks

Crimson
    Participant

Hi Trevor,

I de-PAXed my car in December. You can get wheels from 17-19 inches (maybe even a bit bigger). The speedometer and odometer do not need to be re-calibrated because the tires you buy will be the same diameter as the old tires.

You can get ANY rims that are the same lug pattern (5×114.3). Personally, I purchased some used wheels (I think they’re 18″) that had come from a Nissan Murano and they work great.

You have two choices on the TPMS sensors:
    1- pay an authorized PAX dealer to remove the sensors from your old tires/wheels. This cost me $19 per tire from a Discount Tire.
    2- buy new sensors for about $75 each.

You are going to have to search around for a place that will do the work. Some places will not be authorized or unwilling to take the risk. The car was (allegedly) designed to be on those wheels and tires and by changed to a different tire system, Nissan will not stand by this change.

I wrote about my whole ordeal on my personal blog: http://www.planetcrimson.com/?p=895

I was searching for others with a leaky o-ring and saw your post and that subject is near and dear to my heart, so I wanted to help you out. 🙂

Right now I have no spare tire, but I’m very happy I changed. The ride is better and braking is smoother.

-Christine

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.