Driver side power window closes and re-opens 4" if button pressed all way

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest Driver side power window closes and re-opens 4" if button pressed all way

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  poggibank@yahoo.com 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

CanadaQ2005
    Participant

Hi, Did anyone have the same problem as I am having:

if I pull up the button to close the window all way, it will roll up, then roll down 4-5″. Very annoying. Have to pull the button up, but not far enough for it to go into roll up all way mode.

Also, my passenger sliding door would close until there is 10″ left, then beep a few times and reverse. It was doing it all summer and I had to force the last few inches, then it would lock. Now that it’s getting colder, it closes all the way just fine.

This is a very nice van, but these two things are really spoiling the experience. I had her for a year now and enjoyed driving, don’t get me wrong. It’s just wrestling with the door and this window things that stand in the way of the van being perfect vehicle.

nafddur
    Participant

The anti-pinch limit switch needs to be reset. My daughter is having the same problem on her 07, after getting the driver’s side window replaced.

From the reset procedure I found here, apparently the 07’s have a reset button ON the window motor. But I took the door panel off and (without removing the motor, which appears to be a PITA), I couldn’t locate the reset switch.

Has anyone done this and, if so, how do I find the reset button?

CanadaQ2005
    Participant

There was no repairs on the vehicle, just one sunny morning I am getting in the driver seat, closing the window and voila – it rolls down a bit.

nafddur
    Participant

I checked again today and found the reset button for the anti-pinch system limit switch. It wasn’t actually on the motor itself, but was on the motor/gear reduction assenbly – and was easily accessible just by popping off the door panel. Holding the reset button while lowering the window (as described in the procedure found in the FSM) was all that it took to perform the reset. The window works perfectly now.

poggibank@yahoo.com
    Participant

Will the anti pitch reset switch cause the window motor not to operate?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.