When I turn on the cruise button the green cruise indicator light on the dash just blinks. And I seem to not be able to use my cruise. I was using it just last night in this same trip and it’s never given me any problems.
But the light doesn’t blink right away, it waits about thirty seconds then flashes quickly for about twenty secs then off again, then thirty secs and back on flashing for twenty secs, then off again..
This same cycle repeats until I turn of the cruise button.
Any ideas guys?
The flashing on the light indication means there is a malfunction detected in the system. There are several reasons for this to happen:
1. Any of the steering wheel switches is stuck
2. Vacuum valve ground circuit or power circuit is open or shorted
3. Air valve ground circuit or power circuit is open or shorted
4. Release valve ground circuit or power circuit is open or shorted
5. Vehicle speed sensor is faulty
6. Control unit internal circuit is malfunctioning
Out of these six, the most likely to fail at 150K+ miles is the speed sensor. Have you seen your speedometer unstable lately?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.