Electric outlet by the rear door

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest Electric outlet by the rear door

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Canada-Q2005 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Canada-Q2005
    Participant

I was installing a backup camera but stumbled upon this issue: the power outlet that is by the rear door, right under the button, is always on. It does not turn off when the key is in the off position or removed. Is that right or do I have a short circuit somewhere?

Or any idea how I could make that outlet to be on only when the key is in the on position?

Participant

Check with your local Nissan service rep for your answer.

Canada-Q2005
    Participant

I’ll frame that priceless advise and hang by my desk.

Participant

I don’t give a rip where you hang the advice I gave you. :0(
    I generally get good answers from any type of service rep I’ve talked to in the past. Advice is free.

As far as I know all car power points are always hot. If you want to have a key switched outlet you will need to go to the car fusebox and wire from a keyed circuit.

Participant

On second thought maybe you can splice into one of the backup light wires. Don’t forget ground. This would power the camera on and off when ever you put car in reverse.

Canada-Q2005
    Participant

Backup light? So that it’s on only when backing up?
    It’s getting more and more interesting. Breaking out popcorn.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.