engine noise at 2000rmp

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest engine noise at 2000rmp

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  dtownfb 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

tacticaldriver
    Participant

my 06 sounds extremely loud when it’s right around 2000rpms, and it seems to be getting worse. The dealer says there is nothing wrong with it.

NYQuest
    Participant

What kind of noise? The dealer I use, removed some heatshields becaused they buzzed around 2,000rpms.

rod4853

I have the same thing and both the Nissan dealer and a local repair shop told me its the “rev limiter”. I was told that its about $350 to replace but is not worth it because it’ll just go bad again. They claim it won’t hurt anything to have it be noisy. I’ve had it that way for over a year and so far so good.

Oldman
    Participant

Huh? The original post was about noise at 2000rpm. Nissan (or for that matter, any manufacturer) does not and will not put a rev limiter at 2000rpm.

dtownfb
    Participant

is the noise coming from the engine compartment? Does it only happen when moving? Does the noise get worse with higher rpms? How is the gas mileage? Is it rattling or buzzing?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.