engine shake on low speed idle

New Topics Forums General Discussion 1999 – 2002 Nissan Quest engine shake on low speed idle

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  prgonzalez 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

mxi
    Participant

I got a misfire code P0305 (during idle) on my mercury villager 2002. I have replaced all spark plugs, spark cables, distributor cap, rotor, air filter and fuel filter. Now the misfire code and engine check light were off, but mild engine shake is still felt from steer wheel on low speed idle (500 – 800 rpm), such as behind stoplight. i did another code testing, and only retrieved a code: P0325 (Knock senso) from memory of computer.What should I do next? Do I have to replace the distributor to solve the engine shake? Thank!

prgonzalez
    Participant

Don’t worry about P0325. That code will be there forever and does not affect anything.

What you need to clean or replace now is the IACV-AAC valve. It is on top of the throttle body. I do not recommend replacing the distributor yet. By the way, how many miles are in your van?

Pedro

mxi
    Participant

Hi Padro: Thank you so much for your reply! My van has 87,000 miles and is for local drive. Now I will try to replace the IACV_ACC valve. wish to have more info from you. Thang again Mxi

prgonzalez
    Participant

Wow, that’s low mileage. Mine is 192K+ and I am considering replacing the distributor just until now. I have had two times engine going off with no reason and no code. On both occasion I was going at low speed low RPMs. They have happened about 400 miles apart.

mxi
    Participant

I did a IACV and throttle clean, but the problem is still there. Someone said it could be a problem from the fuel injector. I have no problem during driving except mild shake on idle. so it seems it may not be from the fuel injector. I knew the fuel injector is a ofen issue for the Nassian V6 engine and I will replace all of the fuel injectors later. How about the Distributor? Someone said if the distributor got the problem your car would be up and down during driving. Now my van is smooth when the speed was below 60 miles. if the speed is above 65 miles, I could feel my van is kind of up and dwon. Hope to see more comments. Thank!

mxi
    Participant

I did IACV and the throttle body clean. The mild idle shake is still there. The van driving was smoth when speed was below 60 miles/h, but seems to be kind of up and dwon when speed was above 65 miles/h. One of mechanic said is a sign of distributor issue, and the fuel injector is ofen issue on Nissan V6 engine. I would like to hear from you. thank!

prgonzalez
    Participant

I would not replace any injector yet. My van is over 193K miles and still running with original injectors. Normally, distributor problems in these vans cause erratic idle while stopped. Last time I had them, I replaced the distributor cap and rotor and that took care of the issue. My van was around 187K at that time, I replaced the original distributor cap. My van is still running with original distributor.

What I am saying is it is not necessary to start replacing parts LEFT and RIGHT, UP and DOWN to get your van in good working condition. Specially at relative low mileage.

The other problem that distributors will cause is the engine shuts down while driving. The vehicle does not want to start until the engine is cool. Then the engine starts again and shuts down again when hot. That is what others are reporting here and problem goes away by replacing the distributor.

What I could think is fuel pressure. At speeds of 65 mph you need good fuel supply. If the fuel delivery is not constant, I can picture some up/down in the engine’s performance. Think about the symptom you have to confirm if it could describe a fuel pressure problem including a possible dirty fuel filter.

Hope it helps.

Pedro

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.