Environmental controls do not light

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest Environmental controls do not light

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  enangst 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

enangst

2005 SE

The environmental controls are only lit maybe 1-5% of the time when other console lights are lit. Dealer has replaced a switch controlling the lights and the problem remains the same.

Has anyone else had this issue, and what was the solution. I am under warranty but the dealer seams to be scratching there heads on this one.

ssgtange

First mine went out and now they came back on but all the dash lights now blink. I posted a forum too and will let uou know if I get it figured out.

kquest05
    Participant

I have had trouble since 2006 and finally had the dealer look at it this month. They replaced the whole console and after 2 weeks it started to have the same trouble with the top 5 lights not lighting up for at least 20-30 minutes. They will now be ordering me a new dimmer switch. I only notice the lights not working when it gets cold outside. If it’s 50 or above they work just fine.

kquest05

kquest05
    Participant

I just had my van in the shop for the 3rd time and it seems to be working with the top 5 climate controls finally lighting up. It would only do it when the weather was under 35 degrees and only for 1/2 hour while the van was warming up could I not see them. They replaced the whole knob panel first, I’m not sure what they did the second time, and now they replaced the dimming switch. So far that seems to be working.

I hope this helps.

kquest05

brandowain
    Participant

Funny…I noticed this same problem periodically in my 04 Titan!

enangst

Thanks for everyone’s comments. Mine has something to do with the temperature as well. It is spring and they work again. I guess I will have to wait until next fall to have the dealer try something else.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.