Front Brake Pad Retainer

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest Front Brake Pad Retainer

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  johonjoseph 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

bizman69
    Participant

Hello, I have a dilemma at the moment. After applying the brakes on my 2006 Quest, I noticed a lot of vibration. I went ahead and pulled the caliper to check the pistons on the caliper and noticed the top pad retainers were broke on both sides. I purchased a new front brake hardware kit and it came with new pad retainers. Can someone tell me how they get installed? If you’re looking at the top of the caliper/pads, are the retainers installed
    [ <> ] or [ > < ]. < and > being the retainers.

Udister

Hello for the vibration you need to machine rotors.

Kyle700
    Participant

I have a problem with light brake pressure around 20 mph. Mine IS NOT a vibration (I do have a slight brake vibe at higher speeds) Any ideas about the front end feeling loose?

Kyle700
    Participant

No one has this problem?

johonjoseph
    Participant

You should check out the real cause of vibrations. Stuck caliper spring ,Broken brake return spring, improper brake adjustment or may be the problem in brake master cylinder and any one other could make your car to vibrate . for detailed information you could visit article on brake problems…http://blog.theautopartsshop.com/parts/finding-problems-fixation-formula-and-functions-of-brake-parts/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.