Front Evaporation Core 2002 Quest GLE

New Topics Forums General Discussion 1999 – 2002 Nissan Quest Front Evaporation Core 2002 Quest GLE

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  prgonzalez 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

golfnorman29

I have a bad evap core. I am thinking about changing it myself cause the dealer said it only calls for 3 hours labor. If this is the case, I am assuming all I have to do is remove the glove box, the heat ducting, and the blower motor….and voila? I know I have to get the special tool to remove the lines before I pull the core out, but do I pretty much have it right? Because if I have to pull the whole dash board….I am not doing it!!! I will pay for that. I already paid 700 for new compressor about 4 weeks ago and then evap core goes out.

Also, is the heater core near the evap core….might as well do both if the process is simply removing the glove box.

Thanks so much for your advice.

prgonzalez
    Participant

I always multiply by 1.5, 2.0, or 3.0 times the amount of labor Nissan tells me, specially when I am doing some work that I have never done before and based on the complexity. For example, my first struts replacement took 3.0 hours. Now, I do it in 30 mins per side.

Just make sure you have the service manual handy and review the procedure several times before starting the job. You can save that labor but you still have to pay for refill the system one more time.

I would not change the heater core if you used to flush the coolant regularly to keep the internals free of corrosion.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.