Frustration when Hot.

New Topics Forums General Discussion 1993 – 1998 Nissan Quest Frustration when Hot.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Villager Factory Engineer 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

gamley
    Participant

My 93 Villager runs fine cold but when it is heated up and I turn it off to go in a store, when I come out it feels like it is running on three cylinders and I have to keep pumping the gas peddle to get it home. I have replaced the fuel pump, Cleaned the MAF sensor and the throttle body, put in another used distributor and cleaned all grounds. The other used distributor may be at fault but I can’t afford to buy a new one unless that is the problem. Is there something I am missing that is likely the problem? Gamley

Oldman
    Participant

Could be leaking injectors. When off and warm the leak could flood the combustion chamber(s). You may want to replace them with some from a pick-and-pull place.

Also try this. When it won’t start, turn key to ON, wait 5 seconds for pump to stop running. Turn key OFF, wait 5 seconds for PCM relay to click off under dash. Turn key to ON, wait 5 seconds – start engine. IF better, you are bleeding off pressure, maybe through fuel pressure regulator on fuel rail to injectors.

Gerry

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.