Got flat after mounting new tires

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest Got flat after mounting new tires

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dtownfb 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

CanadaQ2005
    Participant

Dealer put new tires on and since then one tire is leaking and now I got a flat.
    The dealer is telling me that ‘valve seized after they performed work’ and I have to pay $140 to have a flat fixed. If that is just a seized valve, isn’t this like a $2 part that anyone can screw in?

CanadaQ2005
    Participant

Turns out that leaking valve is seized in the threads.
    I broke off part of it trying to unscrew, and now it is indeed a $140 sensor replacement job. Makes me so mad they found a way to turn a $10 tire replacement into several hundred dollar robbery. Fuck Nissan! Fuck all of their engineers, executives and shareholders! Go to fucking hell you criminals!

You made valve stem out of aluminum, which of course seized from humidity. Valve stems used to be made of brass for a reason, assholes! Reason being brass did not seize. Rot in hell all of you at Nissan! I want you robbed just like you are robbing your customers, scumbags!

dtownfb
    Participant

I would take it to a local tire shop and ask them to replace the valve and be done with it.

CanadaQ2005
    Participant

And how much do you think they will charge me?
    The same $140.
    Do you think “local tire shop” are wizards who magically can do for $10 what dealer wanted $140 for? No, they will have to order pressure sensor valves from the dealer.
    The seized valve core cannot be dealt with, it’s seized for good and now the bridge that core wrench grabs is broken off after several unsuccessful attempts to remove it. It’s whole new valve replacement and another balancing or fuck it. And that’s what I said because after wiggling the core pin it stopped leaking.

dtownfb
    Participant

I wouldn’t assume a local tire shop is going to cost as much as the dealer. It’s worth a phone call, that’s all I’m saying.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.