H I D 's?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  wakramer 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

swiftstang04

can anyone consider my best bet for some aftermarket hid kits that will look close to oem color? kinda just like the maximas and a worthy kit. thanks

cobra98
    Participant

THERE IS NOTHING CLOSER THAN OEM ITSELF, DON’T GET FOOLED BY IMITATIONS, IT’S NOT WORTH IT, THE LIGHT IS GOING TO END UP BOTHERING YOU(AND OTHERS).

USUALLY,IMITATIONS GIVE YOU A PURPLISH HUE THAT IMITATES THE D2S(PROJECTOR TYPE) CUT OFF BUT THAT IS ALL. WHAT YOU’LL SEE FROM YOUR DRIVING POSITION IS PURPLISH AND TIRESOME, NOT WITH THE ORIGINAL THOUGH. BECAUSE THE REFLECTOR OF THE QUEST ISN’T SUITED AT ALL FOR IT, THERE ARE TOO MANY UPWARD AND SIDEWAY RELECTING POINTS,THAT MODIFYING TO RECEIVE D2R(REFLECTOR TYPE) IS TOO COMPLEX AND YOU WOULD HAVE TO SHADE SEVERAL AREAS AND CHANGE THE SHIELD. EVEN BY DOING SO YOU WOULD END UP WITH HOT SPOTS. SOME CARS THAT HAVE THE OPTION LIKE REFLECTOR HALOGEN OR HID (ALTIMA) HAVE A DIFFERENT SHIELD THAT WILL DELETE THE EXTRA LIGHT GOING UPWARD AND/OR DIRECTED TO ONCOMING TRAFFIC .

IF YOU DECIDE TO GO WITH A SIMILAR SET UP AS THE MAXIMA, KEEP IN MIND THAT IT IS BI XENON(MOBILE SHIELD FOR HI/LO BEAM) WHICH ISN’T NECESSARY SINCE YOU ALREADY HAVE A SEPARATE REFLECTOR FOR HI BEAM. KEEP IN MIND AS WELL THAT WHAT IS ABOVE THE LIGHT CUT OFF, YOU WON’T SEE, BECAUSE ON MOST PROJECTOR HID SET UP NOW THEY HAVE A SEPARATE CITY LIGHT ( VERY LOW INTENSITY HIGH BEAM THAT IS PERMANENTLY ON TO LIGHT UP STREET SIGNS). ON SOME PROJECTOR, IT IS A BENT MIRROR INSIDE THE HID THAT WILL REFLECT UPWARD ( VERY DISCREET).

IF YOU WANT MY OPINION, GET A SILVERSTAR BULB THAT WILL GIVE YOU MORE INTENSITY OR HOPE THAT NISSAN ENGINEERS WILL COME OUT WITH HID FOR THEIR QUEST, BECAUSE THE OEM LIGHTING IS INSUFFICIENT.

HOPE THIS ENLIGHTENED YOU!

wakramer

I agree, don’t do it. The optics of the housings have been engineered for a specific incandescent bulb and it is impossible to retrofit them with an HID bulb without causing extreme glare to oncoming drivers. It’s more than an annoyance, it can be downright dangerous on 2 lane highways where there are no streetlights. Not only that, they are illegal.

Here is what lighting guru Daniel Stern has to say about it:

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/Hid/conversions/conversions.html

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.