HELP! Hub brg noise?

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest HELP! Hub brg noise?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Rogan 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

mgsblackballoon
    Participant

Hi all I have a 2006 Quest base with 45k miles and for a month the increasing noise that I was getting I THOUGHT was a tire that was cupping, as it had kind of a “whump whump whump” sound to it… I even replaced the tires even though all they had was REALLY light feathering… but the noise remained. I

It’s increased now (happens even when coasting in neutral btw).. could it be a hub bearing? It’s somewhere in the front, no real shake, but I can change the pitch with hard yaw to the left… at which point it almost completely goes away.

I guess the reason I ask is that I always thought when a hub went bad, it was a continual grind sound or hum (that changes pitch with lean) but it was CONTINUAL, not like this whump-whump-whump sound. But I’m getting more convinced its the LF hub assy. Could I be right? Any input as soon as possible would help!

Jim

markathome
    Participant

Both our front wheel bearings went out and made a similar noise. Got so bad we finally had it fixed as it was driving us nuts.

fire07quest

Yep, front hub bearing! Our 07 front passenger 2 months ago and did the passenger rear this morning.

Best price I found was here for brand name bearings:
    http://www.stockwiseauto.com/index.php/cPath/1106_1229/Make/Nissan/Model/Quest/Year/2007

Pretty simple to swap

Rogan

TIMKEN Part # HA590046 4.5 in. Bolt Circle Diam; 5.354 in. Flange Diameter; 1.621 in. Flange Offset; Rectangle Flange Shape; 65.95 mm Wheel Pilot Diam ;FWD; Front

Save more by using this 5% discount code:

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.