HID Retrofit into '99 Quest

New Topics Forums General Discussion 1999 – 2002 Nissan Quest HID Retrofit into '99 Quest

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  prgonzalez 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

prgonzalez
    Participant

I just finished retrofitting one of the headlights with HID projector.

Installing HID bulbs into original headlamp assy is not DOT approved.

rhoebe

You can see that it is important to determine what issue you are having with your vehicle so that finding the right repair guide will be easy.
    lawrence

pwillyams
    Participant

how hard was it?

prgonzalez
    Participant

It was not that hard. I removed the headlights without disturbing the alignment frame. When I have the headlight removed from the frame, I place the headlight in the oven for 30-35 mins @ 285°F.

After removing from ovem, I pried the glass from the frame at top and bottom. You need to pry slowly and at different points to avoid cracking the headlight assembly. The glass starts to separate from the back. After cooling off, I removed the center bulb deflector and I installed the new projectors. I removed all old sealing glue from the glass and assembly, and put new sealing glue on the groove of the headlight. I heated the glue with a heat gun and then installed the glass. Assembled back everything into the car. Installed wiring and turned on.

This was a simplified version of the work. Well worth the effort.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.