Hitch

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  fire07quest 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

knuevech
    Participant

Anyone figure out how to get a “nissan” hitch for their 2008 Quest? The one that goes in the bumper? Heard dealers can’t sell them only can get special order on your car when you buy it new. Any work arounds? Would like to add the “nissan” hitch to my quest.

prgonzalez
    Participant

I got one for my ’99 Quest from U-Haul. It was a plug-and-play hitch. No drilling or welding. It came with the bolts needed for attaching the hitch onto the frame. I found it on U-Haul website then I called my nearest store and ordered it. I installed it myself. You only need a torque meter for tightening the bolts.

knuevech
    Participant

So you don’t have a problem with it being too low,since it’s not built into the bumper?

prgonzalez
    Participant

The bumper does not have the strength for pulling 3000+ lbs. The hitch has to be attached to the body frame of the van. The tonge miight look somewhat low and yes, if the van is fully loaded with people, the tonge will hit the ground when you are going into a drive way if the incline is steep. In my case, is it not a problem.

If it really becomes a problem, Autozone and O’Reilly sell a pneumatic kit that will keep the van lifted. This kit is installed in the rear axle between the frame and the spring leaves at each wheel. If lifts the van with air pressure that can be adjusted as needed or desired.

fire07quest

Where are you located? Close to Nashville TN? I have an OEM one in the box. Been meaning to mount it to my wifes quest but I have two trucks we tow with so have not mounted it yet. And yes, it was very hard for me to find one.

It dont bolt to the bumper, bolts to the frame but sits up higher than any of the aftermarket ones and is hidden behind the bumper other than the 2″ receiver sticking out. Best one to get for the quest!

Chad – shfd2943@gmail.com

knuevech
    Participant

Right, I didn’t mean the bumper directly, but I believe the factory hitch comes through a cut out, and from what I have read the only way to get a factory hitch is to order it when custom ordering a van.

fire07quest

I bought mine in 2009 and our van is a 2007. Had the dealer order it as i did not want one of the aftermarket ones as they hang too low and you see the whole hitch.

Mine is still new in the nissan box if your interested. I have not mounted it due to buying a truck a month after I ordered it and have not gotten around to installing it yet.

Im in middle TN (Nashville) if your close.

knuevech
    Participant

So you have a factory hitch, i would be interested. I’m up in cincinnati, not too far, I have a friend down your way, might be able to get them to pick it up. You can contact me via email. christopherknueven@yahoo.com Do you have any of the bumper material, i think you have to gut into the bumper to instal right?

thanks

fire07quest

Yes, I have the factory one in the factory nissan box. And I was just in cincinnati yesterday dang it! I even ordered the little trim thing that covers the edge. When looking at the rear bumper on the lower part you will see a gray plastic part. That will get trimmed using the template. The bumper itself dont. And the instructions are very detailed. I really wanted to install it to use the cargo tray for trips but seems everywhere we go we take the 5th wheel so the diesel truck is used.
    email coming

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.