hot air is sporatic, reverse starting to not work all the time

New Topics Forums General Discussion 1999 – 2002 Nissan Quest hot air is sporatic, reverse starting to not work all the time

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  NEPathfinder 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

iowadeer

I have a 2001 Nissan Quest. The hot air only works sporatically. I took it to our mechanic who said it was the tempeture control panel. I took it to another mechanic that told me the control panel was fine but thought there was an internal or external leak. He tested it externally and found not leak. He told me that he thought it might be a valve leak???

Just two days ago the reverse starting not working all the time. When I first start it up and put it in reverse it works but after I drive it in drive for a bit and then stop and put it in reverse it does not work. I have to go back in drive a couple time and then it will go in reverse. There are no loud ar wierd noises.

Any help or opinions would be great.

BTW the mechanic told me I should consider getting rid of it :/

NEPathfinder
    Participant

Hi,

I just sold my 2001 Toyota Sienna (and bought a Quest). The problem you’re having with reverse was the EXACT same problem I had with my Sienna about a week before the transmission went out. Thank goodness it was under extended warranty, because the bill came to over $3,000–and that was for a reconditioned tranny.

If you’re not under warranty, you may keep this in mind while considering whether or not to get rid of it before you have to buy a new transmission.

Good luck.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.