How remove plenum for spark plugs??

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest How remove plenum for spark plugs??

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kyle700 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Kyle700
    Participant

I disonnected just about everything to the plenum (that i can see). Removed the three bolts and two nuts from the front edge of the plenum, removed the two nuts from the erg to the plenum. EGR tube is very hard to pull away from plenum (??). Is there something on the back side of the plenum i cant see that has to come off/loose?

thanks

twinblown

I have yet to attemp this and it appears to be a pain in ass. Definetly removing the cowl top will give the necessary room. Good luck and let us know how it turns out for you.
    REMOVAL
    WARNING:
    To avoid the danger of being scalded, never drain the coolant when the engine is hot.
    The gasket for intake manifold collector (upper) is secured together with intake manifold collector (lower) bolt. Thus, Then replacing only the upper gasket the lower gasket must also be replaced.
    1. Remove the cowl top and cowl top extension. Refer to EI-19, “Removal and Installation” .
    2. Remove the engine cover using power tool.
    3. Remove air cleaner case, (upper) mass air flow sensor, and air
    cleaner to electric throttle control actuator tube as an assembly.
    Refer to EM-15, “Removal and Installation” .
    4. Partially drain the coolant when the engine is cool. Refer to CO-9,”DRAINING ENGINE COOLANT” .
    5. Disconnect the following:
    Power brake booster vacuum hose
    Coolant hoses from the intake manifold collector (upper)
    Vacuum lines from the intake manifold collector (lower) and
    power valve
    Fuel injector electrical connectors
    PCV hose
    Electric throttle control actuator electrical connectors
    EVAP canister purge hose
    EGR temperature sensor electrical connector
    CAUTION:
    Cover any engine openings to avoid the entry of any foreign
    material.
    6. Remove the EGR tube (to intake manifold collector, lower) nuts.
    7. Disconnect the power steering hose bracket from the back of the
    intake manifold collector (upper).
    8. Remove the EVAP canister purge volume solenoid valve bracket bolt. Position the valve aside.
    9. Remove the VIAS control solenoid valve bracket bolt. Position the valve aside.
    10. Remove the vacuum tank.
    11. Remove the intake manifold collector (upper) support bracket from the back of the intake manifold collector (upper) using power tool.
    12. Loosen the intake manifold collector (lower) bolts in the order as shown using power tool, and remove the intake manifold collector (upper and lower) and gasket.

Kyle700
    Participant

Okay, yes pain in the ass. Had to disconnect EGR at bottom to allow top to have room to come off plenum. I took the top shelf out which gave lots of room. Many of the nuts/bolts that had to come off were done blind, totally hidden.

When I tried to get the section from nicoclub, it wouldn’t come up (the EI section) Didnt have to drain any coolant though. ??
    Now that it is back together, I have a hiss or suction sound on the backside on the plenum along with a coolant smell (related to the hiss). Hopefully I wont have to take everything back out to find it.

I dont recommend doing plugs unless you want your hands diced and sliced. And I have small hands.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.