How to replace rear lug nuts?

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest How to replace rear lug nuts?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  dtownfb 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Michelangelo
    Participant

I’m mechanically minded, just absent minded by the recent attempted install of the wrong lug nuts on my van’s rear end! I stripped 3 of the 5 lugs while I was replacing the rear brake pads and need to replace those lugs now.

Can someone explain how I get to the lugs? On typical front disc cars I could tap and loosen the whole disc and pull it off to get to the lugs. Can this be done on this van or is there a trick to it?

JodyQuest05
    Participant

Thanks to all who wrote about the brakes, my fiance and I argue about this as he says I am too hard on my brakes, he has to replace them about every 4-6 months. I drive about 26oo miles a month. I do not drive agressively nor do I ride my brakes. I live in a hilly area and have to stay at speed limit, but anyway it was so helpful to see that I am not the only one that has had problems with brakes wearing out so fast.
    Jody

cirrus
    Participant

I think the whole bearing hub assembly is one piece. At least that’s how it is in the front. I am guessing you will have to pull the rear hub assembly out and then knock out the bad lugs off, then install the new ones.

dtownfb
    Participant

THe brakes on the 2004-05 are a weak point of this van. They “warp” easily. Nissan has issued a technical service bulletin on how to deal with the brakes warping. It has to do with cutting the rotors while still on the van using the ProCut system and changing a few pieces of hardware. I normally have an independent mechaninc do my brake work. I may go to the dealer and give this a try.

BTW, Nissan refers to the warping as “Judder”.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.