HVAC troubles

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  loser135 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

TNSteve

Since obtaining our 07 SE in August, we have experienced intermittent AC failure. The problem occurs during long drives, usually over 3 hours into a trip. In the summer, it was obvious the AC went out as it became quite humid inside the van (not to mention hot). We have tried maually putting the AC into recirculate mode, fresh air mode, dual mode, you name it. Nothing worked. The dealer said there was a problem with the control unit and replaced it. We recently took a holiday trip and more problems surfaced. This time, it could not hold a constant temp. One side of the dashboard vents blew cold air, while the other blew hot air (note, the dual mode setting was the same for both driver and passenger). The problems are maddening and cause an uncomfortable driving experience. Has anyone else suffered these problems? I am wondering if there is another fix before I call the dealer again. Thanks.

jgpetten
    Participant

Hi… did you get any resolution to this? I’ve been going through the board and have found 2 other posters with the same issues… and I’m having the same related problems… but no one seems to have posted a solution yet. I’d appreciate anything you have to offer.
    thanks
    j

TNSteve

I found a post, somewhere, that discussed an issue where a fully loaded cargo area can block the air return on the right side and lead to problems such as ours. I am now more careful to leave some gap in front of the air return vent and have not had the problem return. I am hopeful this is the real solution.

jgpetten
    Participant

Thanks for the resposnes. Looking back, the times it has totally died we have been on long trips with a fair amount of stuff in the back, so the return was probably blocked. It has been a while since that has happeneded.

I’m not sure about the times that the ac has blasted full force and not responded to the controls at all – even switching it off.

Thanks.
    j

loser135
    Participant

We have an ’05 Quest and experienced same problem about 1/3 way into our 14 hr. August trip to Florida. Stopped in Tifton, Georgia and got sapped by Sears to recharge A/C. Worked for a while but quit working again into Florida. Ft. Myers Nissan dealer did something to it and it worked ever since. I think it is something with the air return as we had the cargo area packed. We go again next month so we’ll see!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.