I am looking for oem remote starter and other stuff for an 04 Quest

New Topics Forums General Discussion Classifieds I am looking for oem remote starter and other stuff for an 04 Quest

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Low-PSI 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jmnacon
    Participant

Hi everybody, it’s starting to cold here in Chicago and I want to keep my van warm before I step in it every morning this season. I haven’t seen many parting out posts, so if anyone out there who happens to be doing just that currently, I am on need of a remote starter. Preferably oem.

Also looking for that rear lid (I guess). The part that is on the rear hatch above the license plate. Preferably silver.
    I can also go for a working mass air flow sensor.

Thanks!

Low-PSI
    Participant

I bought my wife a remote start for our ’04 in ’05. Best money ever spent on the car! The only problem is they use a key that has to stay in the car, so we have one key with a chip and one without. It means that with my set of keys, you must start the car with the remote. Hers can be started with the remote or with the key. The dealer wanted mega bucks to re-key a third key – said all three would need to be done for about $200 LOL.

We got ours at Circuit City, but I’m sure Best Buy also installs and we paid about $150.

jmnacon
    Participant

Yeah, I’d pretty much be the same as you. My wife would get the key and the remote. Now, is it an after market remote or is it the OEM Nissan you are using. $150 isn’t bad at all.

Thanks!

Low-PSI
    Participant

Its aftermarket, so you’ll have another “clicker”, but it will also lock/unlock the doors. My wife says its the best gift I’ve ever given her, right up there with the DVR in the bedroom. (That sure sounds bad, but she really does love it.) On hot days, she has 13 minutes (shuts off after 13 minutesif you don’t turn your key.) to cool the car and 13 on cold days – just enough to make it tolerable.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.