is it just me or do we really have to pay to get the full details of the TSB?

New Topics Forums General Discussion 1993 – 1998 Nissan Quest is it just me or do we really have to pay to get the full details of the TSB?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mutoy 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

mutoy
    Participant

sorry, might be a silly question. when i click on the quest TSB it only gives me a list of defects/recalls and its summary. how do i get to read the details of it? when i click submit, it asks me to agree to pay? thanks

QuestDriver
    Keymaster

I’m not sure what you are referring to – the links on this site are directly to the NHTSA, a federal govt agency.

mutoy
    Participant

thanks for replying. indeed,the link gets me to the NHTSA. what i’m asking though is that when i read on the list of TSBs (e.g. 98 quest) i noted that i have 2 options. 1 is to read the summary and the other was to click on a box for a research request. (which i assume has the details to the TSB) then when i click on submit, it takes me to a page asking for personal information and in the end, asks me to agree to pay for any charges the request may incur.

in short, how do i get to read the details of a particular TSB not only its summary. i am trying to learn more info about the fuel pump issues of the quest. thanks

QuestDriver
    Keymaster

There are other sites that prove TSB download info. However, in general these do cost money – in fact NissanHelp used to offer it up free, but now requires subscription. Generally speaking, I use the NHTSA has a lead, then talk cordially with my service dept.

mutoy
    Participant

finally got some details on 3 TSBs. the one about the BPT hose, fuel pump and key value brake pads. if anyone wants a copy, I can email..

not much additional info… i just was surprised that they suggest to change the ECM if the fuel pump will be replaced. sounds like a real expensive advice!

for the guys who replaced their fuel pumps, did you follow this bulletin?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.