LOCATION OF CAM SHAFT POSITION SENSOR

New Topics Forums General Discussion Nissan Quest Versus Reviews LOCATION OF CAM SHAFT POSITION SENSOR

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  danduke73 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

pwadu
    Participant

Please can anyone tell me where the cam shaft position sensors are located on a 2004 Nissan Quest and how to replace them.

Thanks

parellogram
    Participant

Can anyone tell me how to get the main ventilator located at the top of the circular console out to retrieve the dead mouse? I just paid $82 to clean out the blower housing in the engine which was full of dried blown insulation from the mouse making a nest. The mechanic could not find it in the blower housing and from the smell I suspect it is in the ventilator shaft. Anyone?

danduke73
    Participant

The console is held in by four pressure clips. They are located on each side (east and west) of the circle (mid-point), where the pilar is in two pieces. The other two are located at the bottom of the circle, both approxamately 3.5 inches from midpoint of bottom. Carefully pry the top off at those locations, slow and easy. You will also need to remove the Shifter knob. Slide the sleeve down under the knob to access the disconnect, once disconnected the knob will slide right off.

Be careful while taking off that cover, they are about $180 from Nissan.

Let us know how it went.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.