MAINTENANCE

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ricebike 6 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

thedude30

Hi,

I was looking for some opinions. I have a 2002 Nissan Quest with 79,000 miles on it. I bought it when it only had 38,000 miles. Since then I have had the brakes changed, kept up with the oil, and replaced the battery. I was going to change the plugs and wires, maybe the fuel filter, and I was looking at a fuel induction service. Everything I read about the induction service said it was a waste of money. Can any of you other Nissan owners tell me if I am wasting my time and money by doing this right now?

MShrewsbury
    Participant

I have a 94 with 220k miles still going strong original motor and trans. Recently i have been trying to find the cause of a rough idle problem and decided to take a look at the fuel injectors. To test them i removed the from the van and connected them one by one while still in the fuel rail and checked spray pattern and flow rate. The injectors look great and the flow rate were within 1-2% of each other. So would think that yours should be fine for a long time to come. By the way the original fuel pump did not need to be replace until 200k mi.

ricebike
    Participant

agree,

you will be wasting your money for that service. changing the fuel filter, though is a good maintenance item. i’m still at 120K with the original so i’m going to do this next spring as well…

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/quest/2002_Quest/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.