Muffler Delete (suitcase muffler)

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest Muffler Delete (suitcase muffler)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  tacticaldriver 5 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

ssd-quest

For anyone wondering about that big suitcase muffler I had a muffler shop delete it and replaced it with a Vibrant Performance Ultra Quiet Resonator 2.25in / 1140. The noise was barely noticeable and my aftermarket intake was louder of course. I did notice that I did not have to step on the gas that hard or that much to accelerate the van. The exhaust flows better. I did not replace and/or touch the rest of the exhaust.

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o249/ssd-spec/QuestMuffler1.jpg

jmz23
    Participant

That looks great, and reduced some weight, too. I was surprised to find 2 mufflers under there (just bought an 07). I’ll be looking into exhaust work someday (borla, etc) as we pull a trailer and that’s a good way to get a little more grunt.

Strange – my pipe is flattened in 2 places. After the 2nd cat (I assume that is what is just downstream of your new muffler), the pipe is flattened running to rear, then again as it goes under the rear suspension-works. Does yours do that?

tacticaldriver
    Participant

what intake did you use? I was thinking of using the Nismo Cold Air Intake for the Altima when comparing pictures of the engines it looks like they used the same air box. I’ve been interested in this for a while.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190415196482&viewitem=#vi-content

ssd-quest

Update: I just added a magnaflow 4 inch round muffler and 2.5 crush bend piping all the way back to another muffler that looks like the one in the picture. They are from vibrant exhaust. Got a little more grunt with a more free flowing exhaust. No more flattened piping. Will try to get some pics soon. So I have 2 vibrant mufflers and 1 magnaflow muffler. I just get a slight purr when driving normal and a medium growl when WOT.

ssd-quest

I used the intake from a 2005 maxima from ebay for about 80 bucks. Honestly I wouldnt waste my time with name brands at this point unless they are CARB approved for California emissions. If your state doesn’t care about emissions then have a blast.

tacticaldriver
    Participant

did you have to do any fabrication, or did you just bolt it on? Also, do you have any pictures?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.