Need help with XM Radio install for 08 Quest

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest Need help with XM Radio install for 08 Quest

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  aukfan33 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

aukfan33
    Participant

I recently d/l instructions for the XM tuner installation with a 06 Quest. Will it be the same for the 08? I’ve done quite a bit of research and don’t want to have to go to the dealer to get this done. If not, could someone please send me installation instructions as I want to do this when I get back from Korea (military) to eliminate the plug and play radio I currently have and clean up the dashboard. I was able to figure out the removal of the shift lever but how difficult is removing the Cluster Lid C? Also, I found the parts that I need at: http://www.nissanpartsdirect.com/
    and it looks like they’ll cost around $375 w/shipping.

Update: I managed to find instructions for a 2007 Quest. I suspect that both the 2007 and 2008 designs are fairly similar so I should be ok. I was told that the XM tuner will work on the 2008 Quest. Will be installing this the end of April and will let you know how it goes.

rbarquer

Were you able to install the Sat radio on the 08 Quest, I am about to try this, I have a Serius Sat OEM kit I put together, if you did this and it worked, do you mind explaining what hardneses and kits you used? do you have pictures? The harness from 2007 from radio to sat tunner has a little 2 wire connector that does not have a place to connect to on the 2008. Did you see that?

thanks,

Rod.

aukfan33
    Participant

Yes! I saw the same thing and took it to the stealership where they showed me that they didn’t put that wiring on the 2008 Quest. idk if they resumed putting it on 2009+ models or not. Sorry

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.