****New to forum! AirBag Light In 94 Quest!

New Topics Forums General Discussion 1993 – 1998 Nissan Quest ****New to forum! AirBag Light In 94 Quest!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  gdog4591 10 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

holydiva3

Hi All,
    I’m fairly new to the forum and I need help,The airbag light in my Quest is continuously flashing and will not go out. Can anyone tell me how to reset it. Is there anyone who had the same problem. Please help!

bdijanni
    Participant

Try disconnecting the battery for about 20 mins.. If that doesnt work then theres something wrong that needs to be fixed

gdog4591

A flashing air bag light most likely is a Air Bag Control Module failure which can easily happen on a van > 10 years old. Happened on my 96 Quest at 102K miles. It will need a dealer installed air bag control module at an installed cost of about $650.00. Part cost is a minimum of $500.00 plus labor. Non OEM service stations won’t touch it. Even a Ford dealer won’t since it is Nissan – needs Nissan dealer to effect repair due to potential liability if not done properly and it malfunctions.

When the airbag light is flashing – you have NO AIRBAG protection so you should get it fixed if you want to keep the vehicle. Depowering the electrical system will not clear it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.