Night light under the outside rear view mirror (Both driver and passenger)

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest Night light under the outside rear view mirror (Both driver and passenger)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mmahamm 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

dom2aga
    Participant

Hi,

I have a 2008 Quest SE and I just know that the night light (that will turn on when you open any door at night)underneath the outside driver and passenger mirror is no longer there? I have a friend that has a 2004 and my brother-in-law has a 2006 Quest SE and they both have the night light. Did anyone know if Nissan remove that light starting in 2007? Anyone know why? I think those lights are useful especially when trying to get into the car at very dark places, so wonder why would Nissan remove those useful feature?

Thanks

Dom

argojason
    Participant

hey dom, i have an 07 SE. they do have the lights. only reason i can think off, nissan trying to save moneys. cheap bastard

dom2aga
    Participant

I can understand if they do it purposely to save money, but if it is just a rare case that Nissan put the wrong part on, I want to make sure they will put the right part back for me, as I have heard from others that once in a while, the factory can install wrong part in the vehicle. I guest if I can get some info from some 08 Quest user, it can help to rest my case..

Thanks thought for your comment.

Dom

mmahamm
    Participant

If it was in base or S versions in previous years, then perhaps you (and I) are “victims” of de-contenting. On the other hand, there is a light on the inside of the door, and above the pedals, and I find those more than sufficient to light my way in the dark.

What I wish they had was outside rear view mirror heaters standard.

dom2aga
    Participant

Mine has the rear view mirror heaters, I think they came standard on the SE.

mmahamm
    Participant

I was cleaning the bugs off the front of the vehicle and the fronts of the mirrors, and I did notice the panels where the lights belong. If it’s not listed on the window sticker, it’s not a case of “they put the wrong part on,” more likely, the trim level you have does not have them in that model year.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.