No odometer numbers visible on 2004

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest No odometer numbers visible on 2004

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Kyle700 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Kyle700
    Participant

My entire LCD for odometer, fuel and temp is blank. Has anyone tinkered with these LCD’s?

sprintdriver

Usually those just need a LCD rebuild, some of the lights may malfunction, and you have to rebuild the unit, some places who may specialize in ODO stuff, will do this fairly cheep, just find a great auto repair shop, that handles Odometer instrument cluster rebuilding.

RLL

There are multiple posts on this forum of these LCD’s crapping out. Some people recommend trying to clean and reseat the connectors. Some people say you need to replace the LCD or the ribbon cable.

I can not find any replacement parts for this online so far, and I definitely do not want to replace the entire cluster just for this small LCD.

I emailed some guy in one of the other posts that said he repairs these asking for a quote, but I don’t feel 100% comfortable sending money to some random guy on a forum with promises that he will fix it.

Kyle700
    Participant

I agree with not wanting to send $170.00, but we may have no other choice……..I have done all the recommendations on the unit such as checking connections. A autowrecking yard is another option in you want to adopt someones elses mileage, since it is stored in the cluster, not the ECM.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.